2022 Spokane Sky Stars & Spikes U12 Tournament
Welcome to the 2022 Stars & Spikes Tournament. We look forward to a lot of great volleyball this weekend and hope that you have an enjoyable experience. This year’s tournament U12 Division has 24 teams. We will be using Riverside Elementary, Middle and High School. The schools are all adjacent to each other.
This is an R1 provided event, coaches will NOT have to R1.
The format that we will be using is a modified power league format that allows strong and balanced competition during pool play. Seeding is based upon team rankings as supplied by the Evergreen Region. Teams will seed into one of three tournament brackets (Gold, Silver and Bronze) using the following formula:
- Gold Division – Top three finishing teams in Pools A/B and the top finishing team in Pools C/D.
- Silver Division – Fourth place finishing team in Pools A/B, second and third place finishers in Pools C/D and first place finisher in Pools E/F.
- Bronze Division – Fourth place finishing team in Pools C/D and teams finishing second through fourth in Pools E/F
Housekeeping & Facility Rules:
- This year I will be allowing beverages in the gyms, but ABSOLUTELY NO FOOD.
- The only exception to this rule is if there is a documented medical condition on the player’s medical form.
- No pets are allowed in the gym or inside the school buildings
- No electrical appliances with team coolers.
- Team cooler areas will be available in the hallways. Please leave a path open on one side of the hallway.
- School vending machines will be unplugged or taped up per instructions from the school. Please do not try to use them.
- If there are issues around the bathrooms, please notify the site director. There will be a site director in the middle school and at the high school.
- Please, clean your area during the tournament, and before you leave. This will allow us to continue to use these great facilities.
- This year we will NOT be having a coaches meeting. All coaches must check in at the tournament desk by 7:30AM and bring their ERVA approved roster and receive any other tournament information.
- Pool play warm-ups are 5/5 for the first two rounds and 3/3 thereafter. There is no shared hitting and serving is included within your warm-up time.
- All matches in four team pools are 2/3 with the first two games to 25 and the third game to 15 with no cap.
- Tie breaking procedure per ERVA Tournament Procedures Manual.
We will have apparel concessions on site with Fine Designs Apparel and a concession stand with snacks and Drinks. The proceeds from our concessions go towards the Spokane Sky Scholarship Fund.
Prizes will be presented to the first place team in the Gold, Silver and Bronze divisions as well as the second place finisher in Gold.